HILLWOD 20 offers a nature theme and a dose of functional training. The steeper the hill the better!
- 9 minute AMRAP of 9 stone thrusters and a hill sprint
- run at least 15min before starting the AMRAP and at least 10 minutes after
- Must be done in nature, if possible on a trail and surrounded by trees or other plant life, rocks, etc.
- Aim for a 1 minute hill sprint, but work with the environment and use natural landmarks to help you set the start and finish.
- For the thrusters, use a stone, log, fallen tree limb, etc. Be creative and have fun with it. A thruster is a squat with the object held in front at shoulder height. At the top of the squat, drive the object overhead (using your legs and hips to create momentum) until the arms are locked out.
- #hillseeker #hillwod to share your photos or experience!
Notes from Jeff’s test run of this HILLWOD: We did this one as a part of our annual charity workout for a sustainability project in Malawi, so it was an effort full of team motivation. After a tough opening hour, we ran 20 minutes to the base of a steep climb, picked out stones in the creek bed and then launched into a challenging 9 minutes of sprints and thrusters. Then we ran another 15 minutes. We did this on the same crazy steep hill as from my hill training video for SEALFIT.
Have a great hill workout!
— Coach Jeff