HILLWOD 21 is all about storming the castle! This is a time trial effort, racing yourself from start to finish at max intensity.
- Pick a steep UP HILL finish line that is approximately 600-800 meters away from the start line. The more elevation gain, the better!
- Run as fast as you can from start to finish, with the energy of a good old fashioned medieval castle storm — minus the sword and hammer fighting, of course!
- When you arrive at the top, complete one of the following bodyweight challenges: 100 squats, 100 lunge steps, 50 burpees, 50 2-count mountain climbers OR scale down the bodyweight challenge and immediately complete a second round.
- Do a long warm-up, up hill if possible. Fast hiking is ok, but make sure it’s at least 20 minutes long. Then go for the time trial!
- Cool down with at least 5 minutes of running and up to 20 minutes if you’ve got the time.
- #hillseeker #hillwod to share your photos or experience!
Notes from Jeff’s test run of this HILLWOD: We did this one as a part of our annual charity workout for our sustainability project in Malawi, so it was an effort full of team motivation. We were 4 hours into the workout when we started this one (and we’d done about a 45-minute warm-up run up hill already). For the main part of the workout, we completed 2 rounds of a 500-700m up hill interval, followed by a bodyweight challenge at the top. Then we ran another 20 minutes up hill. Our “”castle”” was the Ruine Alte Wädenswil in Richterswil, Switzerland.
Have a great hill workout!
— Coach Jeff