HILLWOD 24 is a drag. Grab your Rogue sled or something similar and an old tire if you have one and then hit this one hard!
Complete the following as quickly as possible:
- 4 rounds of 20m sled drag sprint + 20m sprint (no sled)
- 1 round of 40m sled drag sprint + 40m sprint (no sled)
- 4 rounds of Backwards 20m sled drag sprint + Backwards 20m sprint (no sled)
- 1 round of Backwards 40m sled drag sprint + Backwards 40m sprint (no sled)
- Rest time is athlete’s choice, but is included in overall time.
- set out 4 cones 20 meters (or 20 yards) apart on a hill with a low incline (1-4%)
- sprint 20 meters to the first cone, drop the sled and sprint another 20m without it.
- Walk back to the sled (using that time as recovery). Sprint dragging the sled to the next cone, 20m away. Drop it and sprint to the next cone, 20m away.
- Drag the sled back to the start and repeat for 2 more 20m sled sprints and non-sled sprints.
- Drag the sled back to the start and sprint with it for 40m. Drop it and sprint 40m.
- Now repeat all of that, but this time dragging it backwards and running the sans-sled sprints backwards.
- Sled weight: 40-60KG + add a tire for extra resistance. If you don’t have a tire to drag along with the sled, then add weight to the sled.
- #hillseeker #hillwod to share your photos or experience!
Notes from Jeff’s test run of this HILLWOD: I did this one on a hot day at the Hillseeker Training Center. I put 45KG on a Rogue sled and tethered my trusty running tire on the sled. The initial 5 intervals were hard, but the backwards intervals were a whole new level of SUCK. I loved it. Took me 21 minutes to finish it all.
Have a great hill workout!
— Coach Jeff