HILLWOD 31 has a play theme … but don’t worry, you gotta earn it!
- During a two-hour window, descend in a fun way as much distance as possible … but you must run the up the same distance for the descent to count!
- Options for the descent include giant slip ‘n slides, zip lines, bicycles, cable cars, skate boards, etc. Be creative and have fun!
- If you’re opting for a cable car / gondola and it’s a long climb, it’s ok to do this as one long climb following by a single, fast descent.
- If you’re doing a short distance that’s repeated for the descent (e.g. skateboard), that’s no problem. Skate down and run up!
- You can also mix it up with skate + bike + zip line, etc.
- Work hard, but play like a kid on this one!
- #hillseeker #hillwod to share your photos or experience!
Notes from Jeff’s test run of this HILLWOD: We did this one in our home village when Slide My City visited my favorite hill running hill, Muelibachstrasse. The descent was 200 meters long and was a BLAST! We weren’t able to Strava this one, but estimate 15 descents (for 3,000 meters of both downhill and up hill). We ran the up hills hard … even harder when the 2-hour window we had tickets for was about to expire!
Have a great hill workout!
— Coach Jeff