HILLWOD 32 has a yoga theme to go along with the ever-present hill theme!
- Complete two yoga sessions of at least 15 minutes each, separated by a hill that you climb as quickly as possible.
- The yoga sessions can be as challenging or simple as you wish. For example, you could do 5 Sun Salutations A and B at the bottom of a hill, run to the top, and then complete another 5 of each. Or you could complete an entire practice or class. The first yoga session will serve as a warm-up for your mind and body. Use that stillness of mind to power up the hill! The second yoga session will help you recover.
- For more experienced yogis, consider a yang practice at the bottom and a yin practice at the top. It’s an excellent combo!
- For yoga newbies, here are two video demos that demonstrates Sun Salutations A & B. Video 1 and Video 2
- #hillseeker #hillwod to share your photos or experience!
Notes from Jeff’s test run of this HILLWOD: I did this one in Los Cabos, Mexico. I completed a 1-hour Rocket Yoga practice on the beach, then ran the stairs to an overlook, where I completed a second hour of Rocket Yoga practice and 45 minutes of Yin yoga. It was a great combination, as it all started in the dark (I was very much jet-lagged from being 13 hours separated in time zones from Thailand), included an awesome sunrise and then continued with more yoga with my body feeling very much warmed up and alive! The yin closing was perfect and set the stage for an awesome day!
Have a great hill workout!
— Coach Jeff