Post-Event Blues feature. Jeff & Eileen share experiences and cover the double-edge sword of allowing races to define us. Jeff offers suggestions for Blues preventative care, triage and after-care. Thomas checks in from New Zealand and Eileen races hard!
Lots of valuable coaching guidance in this episode!
- Eileen shares an update on getting out of her comfort zone with some fast foot races in Germany.
- The two cover risk-taking with foot races in the off-season to experiment, become mentally stronger and bust through limits.
- Jeff introduces post-race blues and shares his insights and experiences, including his first Ironman.
- Listeners John Righeimer and Thomas Schlegel offer insights on Post-Event Blues. Thomas checks in from New Zealand to share his experience with post-race blues after his epic 76-hour Ruck that we interviewed him for in Episodes 8 & 9. He shares some excellent insights and suggestions on the show.
- Eileen shares a glimpse into her journey toward Ironman 70.3 Switzerland.
- Jeff shares guidance for any athlete going through post-race or post-event blues or interested in preventing it or lessening the impact, offering a detailed Post-Race Blues approach in 3 stages: preventative care, triage and after-care. Check out the Hillseeker Podcast Episode 11 full article at hillseeker.com for the text version of Jeff’s 3-stages guidance.
- Episode 12 is on end-of season and post-event assessments, building your knowledge base for the future and more!
Links & Resources
- Closing music: “Three O’Clock Blues” by Eric Clapton and BB King