Thanks so much to all who have visited my site and shared your support for this great adventure — before, during, and after the journey! Through video, audio, and writing, this blog site captured what it was like to prepare for and compete in what many call the world’s toughest footrace, the Marathon des Sables. It also captured a wonderful charity initiative for ING Chances for Children. For future site visitors, I’ve organized a Road Book to help you find what you may be interested in learning about. Please enjoy sharing in my experience and may you have extraordinary success and fulfillment in your pursuits!
First, the race report (in stages, just like the race):
- Jittering away the pre-race days in Morocco
- Stages 1-3: How could we have underestimated this challenge?
- Stretching of Limits –The Surreal Long Stage: How is this possible? Part 1
- Stretching of Limits –The Surreal Long Stage: How is this possible? Part 2
- The Relentless, Arduous Push to the Finish Part 1
- The Relentless, Arduous Push to the Finish Part 2
- Crossing the hallowed MDS Finish Line
Some interesting posts on preparation:
- The infamous ice bath video
- Making it fun (sledding, skiing, curling, and the duck)
- Finding Balance and Getting to the Core
- Positive Thinking and Mega Training Weekend 1
- The Big Lean and Mega Training Weekend 2
Stage Updates from the Race:
Again, my sincere thanks for both long-time and new visitors to this blog and supporters of this journey!
All the best from a summer afternoon in Zurich,